The Instructor stays the owner of the content, but is contracted to OnlineSkills to deliver a product. The Instructor is still responsible for the content of the course.
As an instructor, you are responsible for all content that you post, including lectures, quizzes, coding exercises, practice tests, assignments, resources, answers, course landing page content, and announcements (“Submitted Content“).
You represent and warrant that:
- you will provide and maintain accurate account information;
- your Submitted Content will not infringe or misappropriate any third party’s intellectual property rights;
- you have the required qualifications, credentials, and expertise (including education, training, knowledge, and skill sets) to teach and offer the services that you offer through your Submitted Content and use of the Services; and
- you will respond promptly to students and ensure a quality of service that corresponds with the standards of your industry and instruction services in general.
You warrant that you will not:
- post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information;
- post or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services or to any user;
- use the Services for business other than providing tutoring, teaching, and instructional services to students;
- engage in any activity that would require us to obtain licenses from or pay royalties to any third party, including the need to pay royalties for the public performance of a musical work or sound recording;
- frame or embed the Services (such as to embed a free version of a course) or otherwise circumvent the Services;
- impersonate another person or gain unauthorized access to another person’s account;
- interfere with or otherwise prevent other instructors from providing their services or courses; or
- abuse our resources, including support services.
License to Us
Unless otherwise agreed (including within our Promotions Policy), you have the right to remove all or any portion of your Submitted Content from the Services at any time. Except as otherwise agreed, our right to sublicense the rights in this section will terminate with respect to new users 7 days after the Submitted Content’s removal. However, (1) rights given to students before the Submitted Content’s removal will continue in accordance with the terms of those licenses (including any grants of lifetime access) and (2) our right to use such Submitted Content for marketing purposes shall survive termination.
We may record all or any part of your Submitted Content for quality control and for delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, or operating the Services. You grant us permission to use your name, likeness, voice, and image in connection with offering, delivering, marketing, promoting, demonstrating, and selling the Services, your Submitted Content, or our content, and you waive any rights of privacy, publicity, or other rights of a similar nature, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
Trust & Safety
3.1 Trust & Safety Policies
You agree to abide by our Trust & Safety policies, Restricted Topics policy, and other course quality standards or policies prescribed by us from time to time. You should check these policies periodically to ensure that you comply with any updates to them. You understand that your use of the Services is subject to our approval, which we may grant or deny at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right to remove courses, suspend pay-outs, and/or ban instructors for any reason at any time, without prior notice, including in cases where:
- a course falls below our quality standards or has a negative impact on the student experience;
- an instructor engages in behavior that might reflect unfavorably on us or bring us into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule;
- an instructor engages the services of a marketer or other business partner who violates our policies; or
- as determined by us in its sole discretion.
3.2 Co-Instructors and Teaching Assistants
Our platform allows you to add other users as co-instructors or teaching assistants for courses that you manage. By adding a co-instructor or teaching assistant, you understand that you are authorizing them to take certain actions that affect your account and courses. We are not able to advise on any questions or mediate any disputes between you and such users. If your co-instructors have an assigned revenue share, their share will be paid out of your earned revenue share based on the ratios you have specified in your Course Management settings as of the date of the purchase.
3.3 Relationship to Other Users
Instructors don’t have a direct contractual relationship with students, so the only information you’ll receive about students is what is provided to you through the Services. You agree that you will not use the data you receive for any purpose other than providing your services to those students on the platform, and that you won’t solicit additional personal data or store students’ personal data outside our platform. You will indemnify us against any claims arising from your use of students’ personal data.
3.4 Anti-Piracy Efforts
We partner with anti-piracy vendors to help protect your courses from unauthorized use. To enable this protection, you hereby appoint us and our anti-piracy vendors as your agents for the purpose of enforcing copyrights for each of your courses, through notice and takedown processes (under applicable copyright laws like the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and for other efforts to enforce those rights. You grant us and our anti-piracy vendors primary authority to file notices on your behalf to enforce your copyright interests.
4.1 Price Setting
When creating a course, you will be prompted to select a base price (“Base Price“) for your course from a list of available price tiers. Alternatively, you may choose to offer your course for free. As a premium instructor, you will also be given the opportunity to participate in certain promotional programs under the terms of our Promotions Policy (“Promotional Programs“).
If you do not opt to participate in any Promotional Programs, we will list your course for the Base Price or the closest local or mobile app equivalent (as detailed below).
When a student purchases using a foreign currency, we will convert the relevant Base Price or Promotional Program price into the student’s applicable currency using a system-wide foreign currency conversion rate set by our and fixed periodically into a table of corresponding price tiers by currency (“Price Tier Matrix“). Since the Price Tier Matrix is fixed, those conversion rates may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect when a transaction is processed. We reserve the right to update the Price Tier Matrix at any time.
When a student purchases through a mobile application, the mobile platform provider’s pricing matrix will control, and we will choose the price tier closest to the applicable Base Price or Promotional Program price. Because mobile platforms impose their own currency conversion rates, conversions for mobile app prices may not match the conversions in the Price Tier Matrix.
You give us permission to share your courses for free with our employees, with selected partners, and in cases where we need to restore access accounts who have previously purchased your courses. You understand that you will not receive compensation in these cases.
4.2 Transaction Taxes
If a student purchases a product or service in a country that requires us to remit national, state, or local sales or use taxes, value added taxes (VAT), or other similar transaction taxes (“Transaction Taxes“), under applicable law, we will collect and remit those Transaction Taxes to the competent tax authorities for those sales.
4.3 Promotional Programs
Wen offers several optional marketing programs (Promotional Programs) in which you can choose to participate, as detailed in our Promotions Policy. These programs can help increase your revenue potential by us by finding the optimal price point for your courses and promoting them through additional marketing channels.
There is no up-front cost to participate in these programs, and you can modify your participation status at any time, though changes you make will not apply to currently active campaigns.
5.1 Revenue Share
When a student purchases your course, we calculate the gross amount of the sale as the amount actually received by us from the student (“Gross Amount“). From this, we subtract 15% transaction fee that include administrative and handling fee and any amounts paid to third parties in connection with the Promotional Programs to calculate the net amount of the sale (“Net Amount“).
5.2 Receiving Payments
For us to pay you in a timely manner, you must own a PayPal or Bank account in good standing and must keep us informed of the correct email associated with your account. We reserve the right to withhold payments or impose other penalties if we do not receive proper identifying information or tax documentation from you. You understand and agree that you are ultimately responsible for any taxes on your income.
Depending on the applicable revenue share model, payment will be made within 2 to 5 days of the end of the month in which (a) we receive the fee for a course or (b) the relevant course consumption occurred. (Except for new payment where this will be increased to 10 to 14 days.)
If a student asks for a refund after we have paid the relevant instructor payment, we reserve the right to either (1) deduct the amount of the refund from the next payment sent to the instructor or (2) where no further payments are due to the instructor or the payments are insufficient to cover the refunded amounts, require the instructor to refund any amounts refunded to students for the instructor’s courses.
While you are a published instructor and subject to the requirements below, you may use our trademarks where we authorize you to do so.
- only use the images of our trademarks that we make available to you, as detailed in any guidelines we may publish;
- only use our trademarks in connection with the promotion and sale of your courses or your participation on our website; and
- immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
You must not:
- use our trademarks in a misleading or disparaging way;
- use our trademarks in a way that implies that we endorse, sponsor, or approve of your courses or services; or
- use our trademarks in a way that violates applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material.
Deleting Your Account
Instructions on how to delete your instructor account are available on our website. We’ll use commercially reasonable efforts to make any remaining scheduled payments that are owed to you before deleting your account. You understand that if students have previously enrolled in your courses, your name and that Submitted Content will remain accessible to those students after your account is deleted. If you need help or encounter difficulty deleting your account, you can contact us via our Support Center.